Top Post vs Bottom Post (was: Fedora-18 -- how to install?)

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 5 19:40:36 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM, William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Main advantages of top-posting are as follows:
>     - You know what's on the top is new content.
>     - You get the latest exchanges in chronological order, which can be
>       trimmed if it gets too long.  This is useful if you need to print
>       it on paper.
>     - In Outlook, bottom-posting gets very messy very quick, even with
>       threading (aka. Conversation mode).
>     - Your boss/coworker most likely use Outlook.
>     - Getting paid is better than trying to convert people.

Lolwat?  Outlook is a horrid email client (regardless of the fact that
many employers use it) and imho should count towards getting one
godwin'd in threads about email.  (Personal opinion of course)

Regarding the first point - with bottom posting, I get context before
reading your point, not after.  I can skip the context if I don't need
or want it.  If you top post, I'll have to search for the context when
I get confused and need it - especially in long conversations where
participants have been top-posting and including the entire
conversation at each stage across dozens of messages...

The second point is incorrect. Top posting is in reverse chronological
order (see above)

--
  Scott Elcomb
  @psema4 on Twitter / Identi.ca / Github & more