Fedora-18 -- how to install?

Mauro Souza thoriumbr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 5 19:03:34 UTC 2013

I think we already deviated way too far from the original topic...

Installing Fedora is a pain, and going thru it until the end is a proof
someone is a very loyal Fedorist, and should receive an medal, and should
add "I installed Fedora 'till the end!' to the default mail signature.

People left and right are complaining about the messed up installer, like
if four or more guys created the installer together, but without
communicating with each other. I don't installed it myself, I am judging
for the screenshots and comments I saw.

I have Ubuntu on my notebook, Mint on my desktop, RedHat and Suse on my
clients' mainframes, sort-of-Debian on my chumby hacker board, and on my
RasPi, OpenBSD on my firewall, and those installers look sane. Even the
minimal text-based Gentoo installer looks more user friendly than Fedora's,
as it doesn't keep consistency between tasks and icons.

Mauro
http://mauro.limeiratem.com - registered Linux User: 294521
Scripture is both history, and a love letter from God.