Fedora-18 -- how to install?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 4 21:14:43 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 03:23:27PM -0500, CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote:
> This is one of very few email addresses to which I send email where
> people are fussy about top vs bottom posting. I've given up on
> convincing people of the merits of bottom posting or replying inline
> because so many people who use mobile devices or aren't familiar with
> these practices have told me, "You sent me an email but you didn't say
> anything." They didn't think to scroll down to read. Except to this and
> another list, I top post and I use HTML email. I could insist that the
> rest of the world conform to what I think is right (bottom or inline
> posting - no HTML) and have many of my emails ignored or, I can just do
> what the majority of people do, which is top post and use HTML email to
> emphasize things. Giving up being right has my emails read by more
> people. :)

Well some of us have enough email from various mailing lists to follow,
that a GUI email client simply doesn't work.

If you send HTML and can't be bothered to use multipart with a text
version too, then I simply won't read what you write.  Probably wasn't
important if it was only HTML anyhow. :)

Your plain text bottom post might not be read by everyone, but it probably
will be read by the people that will reply with something useful.
I doubt you would have gotten useful input from those that don't
understand scrolling to read an email.

I have a hard time imagining anyone seriously using a phone to compose
anything useful email wise, but I guess all those blackberry users would
disagree with me.

--
Len Sorensen