Anyone want a Cubox?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 4 04:08:07 UTC 2013

| From: Thomas Milne <thomas.bruce.milne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| Unfortunately the Cubox doesn't even work any more.
|
| Apparently plugging in a USB key as the instructions suggested with a new
| microsd card have now ruined the device. I put the old microsd back in but
| it doesn't boot.

That sounds odd.  The device specs don't suggest that there is any
state in the device to screw up past a power cycle.  All the state
lives in external stuff (MicroSD card and disks).

Were you reflashing the boot ROM?  That surely is internal state.

| Good job guys, fantastic device.

It sounds like you are addressing us, but I presume that you are
really addressing Solid Run.

| Nice knowin yall but I'm done with this bullshit.

Again, it sounds like you are addressing us.  And that you are unhappy
with how we've treated you.  In fact, we've tried to be helpful.

| When I can pay a thousand
| bucks and just have everything I want, hacking around with Linux is just
| retarded.

I agree: if the cost of everything you want is a thousand dollars,
you'd be a fool to do anything else.  I cannot imagine a thousand
dollar purchase satisfying all my wants.

As far as hacking around, I find Windows is harder to bend to my will
than Linux.  The only advantage of Windows is that most battles are
short, (leading to my defeat); my battles with Linux are generally
longer but I win most of them.