Suggestions for a 10-20TB linux compatible storage array ?

Anthony de Boer adb-SACILpcuo74 at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 1 04:30:20 UTC 2013

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Software raid required a competent admin.

I'm told that even hardware raid requires someone more clued than the
datacentre simian who, on finding no written procedure to deal with a
server that had started beeping, stuck a screwdriver in the beeper so
it'd stop bothering them.

Naturally, all this didn't come out until the screaming from HQ that
accompanied the departure of that box from the network due to the
eventual failure of the other drive.

To that I can add the story of starting at a past new job and being told
to use such-and-such a server, it's spare, for my first deployment, and
after finding it had two dead drives in it eventually cornering somebody
with the above about-a-year-ago story who realized it was that same box
sitting in the rack abandoned as-was.

--
Anthony de Boer