[OT] Used/Cheap Laptops?

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 13 19:16:22 UTC 2013

On 13 June 2013 15:01, Chow, Chislon <chislon-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Have a look at Dell off lease laptops at Dell dfsdirect. They have a nice
> coupon that will offset the shipping charges.

Off-lease laptops are a good thought: I'd suggest carting a Knoppix CD
(hope you have a copy, or a way to burn one) around the places at
College and Spadina and looking at what they have off-lease - see they
boot Knoppix cleanly.  The current rate seems to be around $300 for a
15" with a "dual core Pentium."  If you get really lucky, you might
find a Core2 Duo.  I can't fully recommend Fortune Computers, but
their prices are reasonable, they tend to have stacks of off-lease
stuff, and I've bought from them in the past.  Good luck.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org