Any users of Cygwin/Gnome out there?

sciguy sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 27 21:00:49 UTC 2013

I was just wondering if there is anyone who had found a live, actual
link to a package called startgnome (was at
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steven.obrien2 but the page no longer
exists). The page pf this dead link is at SourceForge:
cygnome.sourceforge.net/run.html

Further down that page, near the bottom it says that I can download
startgnome from a link it can't find: "Download it [FIXME] here."

I imagine if the CyGnome project is any bit viable, they must imagine
themselves as people porting code to Cygwin for the intent of people
actually *using* the software. Is this project dead, or is the copy of
GNOME I just downloaded for Cygwin just some kind of practical joke (on
both the GNOME programmers and the end user)?

If anyone has any advice or a useful link for running GNOME on Cygwin
(such as the elusive startgnome), please let me know. I have been
digging for some time, and no luck.

Paul King