Ubuntu forums hacked -- encrypted passwords copied

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 24 15:27:42 UTC 2013

On 24/07/13 18:08, Jamon Camisso wrote:
> On 22/07/13 01:04 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
>> The D-Wave isn't a "conventional" quantum computer.  If you google,
>> you will see that some question whether it is even a quantum computer.
>> In any case, as far as I know, it isn't good at factoring.
> It has been verified to work in a manner consistent with quantum
> mechanics: http://news.usc.edu/52818/large-scale-quantum-chip-validated/
>
> "A team of scientists at USC has verified that quantum effects are
> indeed at play in the first commercial quantum optimization processor.
>
> The team demonstrated that the D-Wave processor housed at the
> USC-Lockheed Martin Quantum Computing Center behaves in a manner that
> indicates that quantum mechanics has a functional role in the way it
> works. The demonstration involved a small subset of the chip’s 128 qubits."

All this corresponds well to information on this site:

http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1318987

Myself, when I am in particular harsh I can put my bits of Nvidia
dynamic parallelism into qubits as well.

The thing I miss in these stories is how these qubits work (in terms of
physics). I understand that no one will tell. My work in physics is
remotely related to qubits but when I mention just bits in my research
paper for publication - they refuse to publish it.