Ubuntu forums hacked -- encrypted passwords copied

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 22 08:11:43 UTC 2013

On 22/07/13 10:45, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> <http://ubuntuforums.org/announce.html?t=1426745>
>
> If you used the same password with them and somewhere else, go change
> those passwords.
>
> These days, encrypted passwords can often be cracked.  Brute force is
> getting better.

I wonder ...

Wired reports on what some call the first quantum computer. It uses 512
qubits, hence, it stores 2^512 bits of information. It is based on
superconducting cells, hence it must be cooled well and therefore does
not fit on your desktop.

Soon any encrypted messages, either private or government could be
decrypted in a second ?

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/06/d-wave-quantum-computer-usc/

Google tests it now, Lockhead bought a copy too.

Am I paranoic or all encryption will be transparent soon?

zb.