Questions about wine

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 21 05:39:47 UTC 2013

  I'm looking at getting wine going for a Windows-only app.  I posted
some questions on the Gentoo forum, but no response.  Is anybody here
familiar with wine?

1) The latest Gentoo ebuild wine-1.6_rc4 (unstable) apparently should
be "prelinked".  http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/prelink-howto.xml talks
about a cron job to run prelink every so often, which seems like the
wrong approach.  Wouldn't it make more sense to run it right after
installing a program or doing any updates?  Are there any problems with
running prelink on all programs?

2) I'm hazy about some of wine's options...  are "opencl" and "opengl"
and "osmesa" recommended?  My onboard video chip (according to lspci) is
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd
Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)

3) LINGUAS supports both "en" and "en_US".  Is it recommended to enable
both?