ubuntu 12.04 sound problem

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 18 16:07:07 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 07:24:33PM +0400, Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
> Right.
>
> OK.
>
> Tell me please. In fact I do not like Ubuntu, even more and more.
> But I have there an important program that I know that it will work
> on SrUbuntu (libraries or something)
>
> Will Debian do? Or how to go since I decided to a new installation?

That depends.  I have seen a few things (like steam) which depends on such
new versions of things, that even debian unstable and even experimental
may not have them yet.

In general things do work though.

Of course the other option for getting something that "just works"
is Mint.  They have a Ubuntu version that requires reinstalls to upgrade
as far as I understand it, and they have a Debian based one that does
in place upgrades which is based on Debian testing, so it is quite up
to date for most things, and includes a lot more packages as options
than the Ubuntu based one does.

--
Len Sorensen