ubuntu 12.04 sound problem

Russell Reiter rreiter91-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 18 14:11:37 UTC 2013

The problem may be with pulseaudio.
You said the devices show up for your guest user, but do they actually work
for them?

Check the controls available to your

user.

pavucontrol (Don't know if its

installed by default for Ubuntu.)

Try re-configuring pulse, perhaps the config file you migrated to your home
is not compatible with this latest install.

rm -r ~/.config/pulse; pulseaudio -k

Hope this helps.

Russell