ubuntu 12.04 sound problem

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 18 12:48:15 UTC 2013

On 18/07/13 16:33, Neil Watson wrote:
> Does lspci show the sound card?
> What does alsamixer show?

Yes.

Both give info that makes sense.

Sound did work for me after the very first time of installation.

This, I bet, is related to permissions/ownership problem, I bet for 97.3 %

After I changed my home directory from /home/my_username to
/host/home/my_username (everything else seems to work so far properly
after that change)

I have seen many questions like this by googling. But no answer. I
suspect that sound programs check not only for permissions and ownership
but they look for standard user path (which is ... I do not know...
rather not correct; or is it?). I will try to go back and see what happens.