Lost data problem

ted leslie ted.leslie-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 16 23:34:44 UTC 2013

I would think the data is still on the source, but just a file system op
that has removed names.
Whatever you do, don't go writing any new data to the source drive, no
logs, nothing, as you
don't want the fs writing new stuff over what it thinks is available space.
You may check the  lost+found dir. As for recovery, hopefully someone else
(or google) will help. But
again don't write anything new to the drive. umount the file system, or if
its boot/root, boot up another
OS and mount that partition when you do play with it.
-tl