Web hosting recommendations

Ian Garmaise ian.g-m+eCFz0Wf2kS+FvcfC7Uqw at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 8 13:48:01 UTC 2013

I've been using Dreamhost for shared hosting for a php client for several
years.  They are in California.
You can get a deal for the first year (around $20) if you get a discount
code from a current
user.  You get full shell access with ssh etc,.  I haven't found anything
comparable in Canada.  The do go down sometimes
but never for more than an hour.  If you need higher reliability you'll
probably need Amazon or similar, but that's more
hands on.

Ian

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 9:21 AM, Alan Cohen <alan-bdq14YP6qtTV+N59fa8YiVaTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org>wrote:

> After doing my own modest web hosting for more years than I care to
> admit, I am forced to find an external host. I have 4 low traffic
> domains who need something like Apache, PHP, (No Email) and SSH/SFTP
> accessability.
>
> Who might you recommend.?
>
> Sincerely,
>   Alan Cohen