Linux CAD software recommendation?

Peter plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 6 22:33:45 UTC 2013

Howard Gibson <hgibson at ...> writes:
NX is/was available for Linux but it is $$.

As I was saying, Blender is the only open source and free software which is
cloe enough to 3d cad with suitable patches that pushing/advocating it might
help.

  http://graphicall.org/115

and other patches which allow, among other things, numeric data entry into
Blender, are the way 'there'. I am not sure if constructive constraint based
geometry is already 'in', but it might be. My installed version of Blender
is from ~2007.

-- Peter