Booting Linux using UEFI can brick Samsung laptops

William Weaver williamdweaver-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 31 14:47:59 UTC 2013

That's not entirely necessary. It depends on what distro you are
installing. For example Fedora 18 now usees a shim so that it can be run
with secure boot enabled using UEFI instad of legacy mode. It makes dual
booting with Windows 8 alot easier, and you still get the speed increase.

Also keep in mind that while not every linux distro supports UEFI booting,
ex. Fuduntu, not every laptop supports legacy mode. Personally I was
limited to only using UEFI compatable distros with my laptop because it
doesn't have a legacy mode.

Will Weaver