Why this Linux user is now using Windows 3.1

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 28 22:44:51 UTC 2013

| From: Thomas Milne <thomas.bruce.milne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| http://m.networkworld.com/community/node/82240?mm_ref=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.google.com%2F

Apparently it is a step up from DOS.

In the DOS part 2 article he claims that Microsoft Word 5.5 is a free
appication.

Personally, if I were to revert, it would be to an interesting system.
Like ITS or Plan 9 (same vintage as Windows 3.11 but much less dated).

Quote from
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incompatible_Timesharing_System>

	The default ITS top-level command interpreter was the PDP-10 machine
	language debugger (DDT).

Do others have suggestions for interesting old environments that are
still available and free?  SmallTalk and LISP come to mind.  Maybe
FORTH.

To me, anything without decent internet support isn't much fun anymore
(DOS and Win 3.1 included, and 7th Edition UNIX).