OT: changing youtube video

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 23 14:00:32 UTC 2013

| From: James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>

| I recall something on the news a while ago, about a seriously ill child that
| died.  The parents said they didn't believe in science and so let their child
| die, relying on faith to save her.

People do things that we consider wrong-headed for a lot of reasons.  This
one sounds like a clear example.  But a lot of what was done in the name
of Evolution was scary -- the Holocaust comes to mind (I know, only a
small part of the justification was Evolution).

Supporting "Inteligent Design" under that name is a clear sign of
wrong-headedness.  The reason is that the name shows what team you got
your ideas from.

Note: I accuse the video of being from this team.  I didn't acuse
Zbigniew.

I just saw a PBS Frontline about how FUD has been spread in the US about
anthropic climate change.  Scary.  I sure wish Canadians had TV programs
as incisive as Frontline
<http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/climate-of-doubt/>
Note: this is not trying to make a scientific argument; it shows how
the science has been neutralized in public discourse.

This sounds like a wierd segue, but the same or related forces seem to be
inserting ID into science curicula.