Colemak keyboard

Molly Tournquist mollytournquist-ifvz4xmYPRU at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 8 08:05:17 UTC 2013

On Jan 5, 2013 4:20 PM, "D. Hugh Redelmeier" < hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org > wrote:
 I've been interested in mechanical keys -- the story seems compelling.
 I've tried Cherry MX Brown keys in a store (not a fair test) and was
 not really impressed.

 I have seen mechanical keyboards with no engraved symbols. Would that
 do the job for you? I learned to type on a mechanical typewriter with
 no engraved keys.

 These people let you configure an expensive keyboard with Colemak
 layout:
 <http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/wasd-v1-semi-custom-mechanical-keyboard.html >
 They do seem to emphasize WASD (or ESDF).

 There might well be lots of other sources -- I didn't look.
 Not really, in fact, I'd even prefer keys with backlighting, especially red. I would definitly not go out of my way to get something like a das keyboard. though on the other hand an ergo kinesys would be a bit too much too. A "truly ergonomic" keyboard is tempting, but then again, so would be repurpossing a Japanese keyboard, what with the split up spacebar. And it kind of looks more impressive, sort of a bit revolutionary, if it's physically rearanged.

 But the "semi custom" ,,, product toolkit is a very interesting. While they emphasise WASD-differentiation, the gallery is full of all sorts of configurations. The color coding would certainly be purposefully dramatic with something like "Colemak extra wide". And they do have 105 key keyboards. so that is easily possible.