spyware, the new normal [was Re: tracking what files are being accessed by a process?]

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 7 20:43:31 UTC 2013

| From: David Collier-Brown <davec-b-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>
| To: tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
| Cc: D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>

I still think that the list is censoring David.  I only got this
because it was addressed to me explicitly.

When I looked in the list archives, the last post I saw from David was
over two years old and from a different address.

Who saw this message on the TLUG list?  Who didn't?  Please write me
PRIVATELY and I will summarize to the list.

| App armour starts with deny everything, so one might wish to allow one's
| homedir, and only later realize that you need to give a particular
| ill-advised program only a small sandbox to play in.

OK.

Sounds like a painful process.  Like my browsing with many things
disabled.