Ubuntu Coming To Android Smartphones

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 3 15:42:06 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 1:18 AM, jim <cinetron-uEvt2TsIf2EsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Not sure that this will ever be successful, or am I being to
> pessimistic.
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20891868

The fact that there's no code available yet puts my expectations entirely low.

There's a lot *wrong* with it...

a) No code drop yet.  If it were a *real* free software project, you
drop code *before* doing pretty demos.

b) Requires recompiling for each variation of CPU hardware that'll
come.  The non-need for that is one of the merits of Java...

c) Yay, yet another language/API combination with zero intersection
with existing mobile development usage.  (Or perhaps Windows Mobile is
using C++?  I'm not sure...)  Gotta reimplement Mozilla yet again.