New Linux and Open Source Meetup in St. Catharines / Niagara

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 26 17:36:00 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Mark Lane <lmlane-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I hope it's alright that I advertise the new Niagara Linux Group. This
> is a restart as we use to meet as NPLUG back in 2009-2010. Hopefully
> it will last longer this time.

Very pleased to hear of it!  It's a challenge to keep things running for a
long term; if you have a small group, it's tough to keep on finding interesting
things to bring to the group on an ongoing basis, and to keep the
organizational bits going.  It makes sense to try to draw people in to
share the organizational load, so that there's the possibility that it won't
just "die" when someone moves away.

It likely makes some sense for you to take a peek at GTALUG's old talks
(see http://gtalug.org/wiki/Category:TLUG_Meeting)
to see if there are any where you could invite a speaker in; we're not too
far away, and no doubt it's worth connecting a bit.

We've got a Wiki page on regional LUGs, and what's still live (some groups
have doubtless died off) would be worth also looking at as resources to
talk to.
<http://gtalug.org/wiki/Toronto_opensource_computing_groups>

If you set up a web presence, it would be good to link that in.  Due to
spamming troubles, we've locked access to set up wiki accounts; ask
and we can make sure it can get updated.