Need a Dual Band Wireless Router

Thomas Milne thomas.bruce.milne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 26 13:14:39 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-25 6:19 PM, "Lennart Sorensen" <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 06:06:13PM -0500, Thomas Milne wrote:
> > Thanks to all. I just remembered something else. Currently I have my old
> > Linksys set up with Tomato and MLPPP with Teksavvy. Anyone know if
that's
> > even necessary now? Is encrypted traffic like Bittorrent still
throttled or
> > otherwise diddled with by big ISPs?
> >
> > If so, would this Buffalo router support MLPPP with either stock or
custom
> > firmware?
>
> No idea really.  I use fully encrypted bittorrent traffic (for the bits
> I use it at all), and speed seems fine (on my 25Mbit link).  No idea if
> MLPPP would make any difference to it.

I did some looking around and it does appear that Bell has ended it's
throttling practices, at least as far as wholesale market, so Teksavvy
should be fine without MLPPP. I can probably also get rid of my static IP
and save a few bucks. I was only keeping that because it meant I didn't
have to pay extra for MLPPP. I really want to sign up for their fibre
service. Only ten bucks more and I think I get like ten times the speed I
get now.

According to Teksavvy, anyhow :-)