Need a Dual Band Wireless Router

Thomas Milne thomas.bruce.milne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 25 23:06:13 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-25 12:21 PM, "Lennart Sorensen" <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>
wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 04:14:44PM -0500, Thomas Milne wrote:
> > Way back in 2011, Lennart was recommending the D-Link router, the DIR825
> > rev B. Unfortunately it doesn't appear on Canada Computers site or
anywhere
> > else I can find.
> >
> > It seems to still be available from d-linkshop.ca as a 'Top Seller' but
it
> > doesn't show whether it is the preferred 'rev B'.
> >
> > Is there something comparable, particularly with Shareport, that is
> > likewise recommended?
>
> See if you can find this: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/buffalo/wzr-600dhp
>
> 680MHz CPU, 32MB flash and 128MB ram and dual band is about as good as
> it gets.
>
> $100 at NCIX in markham.  Out of stock at canadacomputers (but $84).

Thanks to all. I just remembered something else. Currently I have my old
Linksys set up with Tomato and MLPPP with Teksavvy. Anyone know if that's
even necessary now? Is encrypted traffic like Bittorrent still throttled or
otherwise diddled with by big ISPs?

If so, would this Buffalo router support MLPPP with either stock or custom
firmware?

Thanks again!