Having Trouble sending to txt.bell.ca

William Weaver williamdweaver-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 25 20:17:14 UTC 2013

Your outgoing mail client may not be using RFC 822 standards. Most gateways
can interperet the following email to line

bob-RCJoxwfniyM at public.gmane.org, santa-RCJoxwfniyM at public.gmane.org, monkey-RCJoxwfniyM at public.gmane.org

But the "proper" standard for sending the to line actually is:

<bob-RCJoxwfniyM at public.gmane.org>,<santa-RCJoxwfniyM at public.gmane.org>,<monkey-RCJoxwfniyM at public.gmane.org>

you may find that if you send your email addresses like that you will get a
better result. I can say for certain that if you are using sendmail and not
giving it the email address in this format that it will send, and most
gateways will happily accept it, but some microsoft gateways enforce the
RFC 822 standard and if it's not in the correct format it will send to only
the first email address changing the to line to look like:

<bob-RCJoxwfniyM at public.gmane.org>,<santa-RCJoxwfniyM at public.gmane.org, monkey-RCJoxwfniyM at public.gmane.org>

Hope this helps,

Will Weaver