Having Trouble sending to txt.bell.ca

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 25 19:08:51 UTC 2013

On 02/25/2013 01:52 PM, William Park wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 01:38:49PM -0500, Stephen W. Clarke wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I've got an auto-email setup running from a shell script.
>> It sends fine to all the internal email addresses and sms messages to both
>> rogers and telus cell customers, but does not send sms to bell customers.
>> I've used both <phonenumber>@txt.bell.ca and
>> <phonenumber>@txt.bellmobility.ca with no luck.
>>
>> Has anybody else ever seen something like this? Any thoughts on how to
>> troubleshoot?
> How do you send SMS text to Rogers cell number, anyways?
> I know that Rogers has free web-to-cell service, but emailing SMS text
> is new to me.

And some providers, like WIND which I use, don't have email to SMS
gateways so I have workaround that I read about online. I set up a
Twitter account specifically for my phone number and turned on SMS
notifications for direct messages. If I want to send a text to my phone,
I can send a direct message to my Twitter account and my phone will
receive it.

I also use IFTTT <https://ifttt.com/wtf> to notify me via SMS of every
event on my Google calendar. It's pretty handy and free.

--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis