Little linux backup box - wisdom required

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 23 05:19:09 UTC 2013

On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 00:18:25 -0500
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I was able to write to and read back from CD using "cdrecord".  But, my
> version of "growisofs -version"
>
>     * growisofs by <appro-6n+bmRoGAL6ci/EUP2OQSw at public.gmane.org>, version 7.1,
>       front-ending to mkisofs: mkisofs 3.01a08
>       (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1993-1997 Eric Youngdale
>       (C) 1997-2010 Joerg Schilling
>
> is refusing to write regular files to DVD.  What version is yours?
> --
> William

William,

   Interesting output from command line of my Fedora 17 system...

[howard at rev ~]$ growisofs --version
* growisofs by <appro-6n+bmRoGAL6ci/EUP2OQSw at public.gmane.org>, version 7.1,
  front-ending to mkisofs: mkisofs 2.01 is not what you see here. This line is only a fake for too clever
GUIs and other frontend applications. In fact, this program is:
genisoimage 1.1.11 (Linux)
[howard at rev ~]$

   When I get new equipment, I have to hack around with it a bit.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howard.gibson-PadmjKOQAFnQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org