Conversation with Rogers

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 14 16:40:56 UTC 2013

On 13-02-11 09:18 AM, Michael MacLeod wrote:
> Is it possible to go over you 60GB cap with the old modem and hit 80GB of
> data in a month? I suspect it is.

It is possible. My Internet connection via Rogers is capped at 60GB per
month. I went over the limit once when I was backing up data from a
remote MySQL database. When you go over the limit you pay extra per GB
up to a maximum dollar value. The maximum extra amount you would have to
pay was $50. They have now upped that limit to $100.

There is plenty of room to speculate as to why they raised the limit on
the overage fee.