Linux compatability of a couple of laptops?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 5 21:01:02 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 04:08:43PM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote

> Avoid samsung until they fix their UEFI bricking problem. :)

  The problem is already fixed according to...
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/02/01/linux_samsung_laptop_fix_advice/
but the fix may take a while to reach the mainstream kernel.  I'd prefer
to avoid UEFI altogether.  UEFI is proof positive that those of us who
ranted against Palladium and "Trusted Computing" and the "Fritz chip"
were not paranoid, after all.