$35 LAN Party...

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 5 16:47:29 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Kevin Cozens <kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 13-02-04 12:42 PM, Scott Elcomb wrote:
>>
>> That said, I'm hoping to grab one of these
>> <https://www.adafruit.com/products/1033> as a dedicated Pi display.
>

> That is a much better resolution for a 7" display than the resolution in the
> car backup system monitors. The only downside is the price. You could buy a
> 23" LCD monitor from Best Buy for the same amount of money.

Since joining the Pine* project (and now maintaining) I've wanted
dedicated hardware for building and testing the linux distro on which
the console is based.  In this case, I'd prefer the small size so I
can easily put everything away in a drawer when I'm not working on the
project.

In addition to portability, this little display can act as a handy
diagnostic tool - I keep a spare VGA monitor around in case I need
physical access to some older headless boxes.  This monitor mostly
just sits around and collects dust.  I'd rather be rid of it.

BTW, about 5pm last night I recieved a notice from Adafruit saying these
units were back in stock.  When I visited the page, they had 25.
There's currently 10 left.

* <https://github.com/psema4/pine>
--
  Scott Elcomb