Linux compatability of a couple of laptops?

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 4 23:25:18 UTC 2013

On 13-02-04 06:08 PM, Steve Harvey wrote:
>> Haven't seen 1600x1200 in a long time.
>>

>   AFAIK, no one yet does 1920x1440.  I just threw it in as a 4:3 aspect
> ratio response to the ubiquitous 1920x1080.
>
>   Considering that the widespread adoption of high pixel density cellphones
> has demonstrated that at least some portion of laptop users might welcome
> higher resolutions, where are the vendors on this (other than Apple)?  I
> would love to be able to quantify the size of this market niche.
>
>   I imagine that small form-factors also require less raw materials and
> consume less power.  I don't want to buy multiple/humongous monitors
> unless I actually want to demo something.

I have a first generation Zenbook[1] running Debian, I bought it for the
form factor (13.3" 1600x900 display) and portability. The newer
generation of Zenbook Prime (same UX31 model number) is 1920x1080 in a
matte finish in the same 13.3" size IIRC.

[1] http://zenbook.asus.com/zenbook/?c=ux31a

Jamon