$35 LAN Party...

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 4 17:23:46 UTC 2013

On 13-02-02 07:46 PM, Molly Tournquist wrote:
> But, to be very blunt, the core hassles are lugging in a monitor and
> keyboard for each player, but more importantly the monitors are also
> the majority of the component cost and also the most fragile.

Lugging around a monitor and keyboard is the same hassle one would have
with any LAN party. The main difference being is that a Pi is a much
easier to deal with than lugging around a computer in a tower case.

Using a monitor from a car backup camera system, and a mini wireless
keyboard with built-in mouse pad means an entire computer system can fit
in a small back or backpack. I have seen these monitors avaialable in
3.5", 4.3", and 7". The caveat is that the resolution is very low. About
480x234 on all of them (even on the 7"). You wouldn't want to be reading
a lot of text on a screen that small but it would be ok for some
graphics based programs.