$35 LAN Party...

Molly Tournquist mollytournquist-ifvz4xmYPRU at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 3 09:35:05 UTC 2013

Well, they are inanely uptight and they are chaotic. I think that roughly adds up to that.

> | But, to be very blunt, the core hassles are lugging in a monitor and
> | keyboard for each player, but more importantly the monitors are also the
> | majority of the component cost and also the most fragile. (space issues
> | aside)
>
> There are always a million reasons for not doing something. So don't
> do it. Maybe Collin and a few others are willing to put the effort in
> to have a different experience.

But ... sticking to standard Quake is *not* really a blueprint for a diferrent experience. Perhaps neither is sticking with keyboards for that matter, and I forgot all about those small left hand portion keyboardy things.

Well, yeah, there *are* indeed reassons why the majority of the time it's done differently with consoles. I'm not saying it's unavoidable to do it mostly like with consoles, I was just pointing out specific difficulties with strictly PC traditionned gaming meetups.