$35 LAN Party...

Molly Tournquist mollytournquist-ifvz4xmYPRU at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 3 00:46:38 UTC 2013

Either in schools or outside. Schools are circusses anyway. Of course not by the early adopters.

But regarding the LAN gaming prospects...

I'd expect a big preference for one of the linux community's significantly more own FPSs, like Sauerbraten in particular or maybe Xonotic, though those are a tiny bit hardware hungry. There's also a few based on the quake 3 engine.

But, to be very blunt, the core hassles are lugging in a monitor and keyboard for each player, but more importantly the monitors are also the majority of the component cost and also the most fragile. (space issues aside)