.APE files

Bill Henderson ab460-0l1pH2CMacvR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 11 06:25:51 UTC 2013

Assuming that Audacious and Amarok either hang up or crash out or
otherwise refuse to perform, is there any alternative to using G Mplayer
to play .APEs?

Looking for something that displays the current item name within the ape
file and GMplayer just keeps scrollinbg the ape filename notwithstanding
it plays the, in my case operas, just fine.

It would be nice not to have to keep the text contents file open and do
the arithmetic based on running trimes to determine what is playing if I
don't recognize the particular piece.

Slack 14.0 64 bit