Women and TLUG - a personal rant

Alex Volkov avolkov-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 10 21:55:14 UTC 2013

Hey Renata, thanks for talking a stand.

We can talk about predatory or harassing behaviour all day long on this
mailing list, but can still be ignoring it in the real life. Here
Zbigniewhas shown how it can come out of nowhere and how really
comically vile and
unacceptable it is.

Situation like these just don't happen often and I may have discounted or
trivialized the consequences of such behaviour, sometimes not noticing it
altogether -- which is wrong. I think this is a real problem with TLUG and
we should address it.

So he kind of drove home the point Renata was making, though I'm not sure
if he realizes that.

Alex.