Ubuntu Hour - Toronto

Randy Jonasz rjonasz-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 5 22:23:07 UTC 2013

On 13-12-05 05:16 PM, Aruna Hewapathirane wrote:

>  I fell in love with Ubuntu Karmic but then canonical had to go mess
> with  simplicity and efficicncy and gave us Unity which I personally
> do not much care for. Unity has it's place in the mobile and touch
> devices but they should have continued the gnome desktp AND had a
> distro for other devices with Unity. That's my 2cents or they should
> have given the user the option to choose which to use ? Not stuff
> Unity down our throats! )
Of course there are ubuntu distros dedicated to various flavours of
desktops.

Not to start a flame war, but after I got used to the workflow of Unity,
I admit I like it.  My apps are all available with a few key strokes and
Unity tweak tool lets me optimize many things like window pan etc.
Although I admit I spend most of my day in terminal or eclipse.

Randy

Do not ask who I am and do not ask me to remain the same:
leave it to our bureaucrats and our police to see that our
papers are in order. At least spare us their morality when
we write.
--Michel Foucault