Curious

Charles Philip Chan cpchan-CzeTG9NwML0 at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 4 22:08:48 UTC 2013

Dave Germiquet <davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes:

Hi Dave:

> I have a question, does anyone know a really cheap sound card solution
> that works with spdif-coxial for a Linux Laptop? I have an X201 but
> there docking system doesn't have Coaxial.

Both the Behringer UCA-202 and UCA-222 work with Linux:

    http://jamie.lentin.co.uk/peripherals/behringer-uca-222/

It seems the only difference between the two is the software included
(which you don't need). You can buy the UCA-202 at Canada Computers:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=UCA202&x=0&y=0

Charles

--
"However, complexity is not always the enemy."

  -- Larry Wall (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)