laptop advice time...

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 23 16:17:21 UTC 2013

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Some Dell business oriented laptops now have a pointy stick in addition
> to the touchpad.  They don't work anywhere close to as well as the
> thinkpad ones.

Yes, I know.  I used to have to endure using a Dell notebook at work, a
few years ago.  I started using ThinkPads when I was working at IBM,
back in the late '90s and have never bought other for myself.  On the
other hand, I have since had to work with other makes, including in
support roles.  The more I work with them, the more I appreciate ThinkPads.