Barely functioning HD, and seeking advice re: how to successfully record in blu-ray

Paul King sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 20 12:47:28 UTC 2013

Hugh said:

> (I've reformatted your message because it arrived rather broken up.)

I had been using Outlook, and I was compensating for the carriage return

problem by inserting my own, and while it looked nice in my window, I guess
it

may have lost something in translation to other clients. :-(

Well, I found the dirty little secret to getting Win 7 BD burning to be more

optimal, and that is to run the program as admin. That was not an obvious

solution to me, as I went to the trouble of creating a non-admin account for

myself, and am in the habit of avoiding running anything as admin, unless I
am

doing system stuff. Now the success rate is 1 dud in 11, and that was
because

it

was  attempting to copy a bad file, which was mis-reported as being zero
bytes.

I deleted the file, and needed to start again with a new BD.

Paul King