decent mega-monitor?

ted leslie ted.leslie-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 14 21:38:54 UTC 2013

Yes its a http://www.iogear.com/product/GCS1644/   quad dual view dual link
dvi. So 10 video cables go into it,
4 computers with two sets of dvi each, and one set to actual monitors. On
keyboard ctrl sequence, it switch both monitors
across to selected computer, and it multiplex the keyboard, mouse, usb, and
audio.

So I don't understand, you say dual link dvi should be able to drive a 4k
but no tv has that dual link port, so what does a 4k tv have? and can i
convert with a simple adapter plug of some kind?

Also, I am wondering, wouldn't the kvm have to support the resolution
specifically?

I do have a cable that plugs in the nvidia dvi and goes to hdmi on a 50"
plasma, so it would be something like that?

-tl