Semi-OT: Why Kids Can't use Computers

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 13 12:32:11 UTC 2013

Colin McGregor wrote:
> Ran across this story about why kids can't use computers, and the
> story has some suggestions as to how to fix that (part of the
> suggestion being the use of Linux):
>
> http://www.coding2learn.org/blog/2013/07/29/kids-cant-use-computers/

My first computer was an IMSAI 8080.  It came as a bag of parts and bare
circuit boards.  I had to assemble everything and then, having done
that, I had to start writing software.  I knew that computer inside
out.  I even designed and built an 8 port serial I/O card for it that
used only 1 interrupt line for all ports.  Those who struggled with IRQs
on the PCs would certainly appreciate that.