Raspberry PI Power

William Weaver williamdweaver-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 2 16:46:19 UTC 2013

Colin,

My bet is that the logitech unifying receiver and the wifi are both
requesting a high current usb connection, which is then saturating your 1A
power source when the RPis load gets high. Would it be possible for you to
measure your current draw from the externally powered power supply?

Also something I've been doing, I have a monitor with USB built into it, I
plug my power cable from the pi into the monitor powered USB hub, then the
ubhub into the pi. The pi gets power from the usb hub (which doesn't have a
data line so it doesn't create a loop issue, and the other ports are
available for usage. Best of all my monitor's power switch becomes a hard
power switch for the pi.

In your case you may be able to take the usb hub and with a bit of
soldering put it on one of the rails of the lcds power supply. I'd
definately check spec sheets and do some testing before you broke out the
iron though.

Will