Supper at Panera Bread?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 30 21:59:15 UTC 2013

| From: Colin McGregor <colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

Thanks for working on this crucial problem.

The future of TLUG depends on it (I'm only 1/4 joking).

| On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 12:47 PM, Maureen <maureen-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org> wrote:

| > Have you looked on Church Street?  Some interesting places there and
| > they are not all Gay Bars!
|
| To be honest, I've not looked at Church Street. But right now our
| problem is too many very reasonable looking choices, and ... I'd like
| to see us contracting the list of options not expanding them (even if
| this means we might miss the "perfect" option...).

I don't see any outstanding restaurants in the current list.  I'm
certainly not saying that I could do better (I had suggested Salad King
and was then aghast at the hubub).  But if Maureen (or anyone else) can
find some better candidates on Church, I'm all for it.

Ryersonians and ex-Ryersonians: surely you have some inside knowledge
that you could share.

PS: did you know that Ryerson started as the Toronto Normal School?
Do you really think TLUG belongs there?