paper orientation

Stewart C. Russell scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 25 11:54:35 UTC 2013

On 13-04-24 04:25 PM, Martin Duclos wrote:
> You probably want to change the layout of the document itself and not
> the printer option. Should be under Format->Page->Page->Paper format.

Not just that, but OO and LO expect the print range to be defined:
select all the stuff you want printed, then Format → Print Range →
Define. Then you can choose to have the content scaled to fit so many
pages across: Format → Page ... → Sheet → Scaling Mode → Fit Print
Range(s) to width/height.

Also, if you're printing landscape duplex, don't forget to set "Short
Edge Binding" (which I think used to be called "no tumble turn") or your
pages will come out alternately upside down. Happiness is the sight of a
boardroom full of execs grumpily flipping over presentation printouts
'cos someone forgot about this ...

cheers,
 Stewart