Was Cutting the Cord, Getting rid of the monkey

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 25 01:59:31 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 8:07 PM, William Muriithi
<william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I don't think he was joking.  He is mostly confused of the process as I am.
>
> See, for you to sit and decide to declair bankruptcy, you mostly wouldn't
> have any money at all. So you would get to a catch 22 scenario where you
> need bankruptcy to exit debt but can't afford to pay for bankruptcy.
>
> Who receive the $3,000? Lawyer's?  Bank? Where do you go to declair
> bankruptcy? Just being curious here.

A bit dated perhaps but myths 3, 4, 5 and 8 from
<http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/story/2011/11/17/f-bankruptcy-myths.html>
seem relevant to this thread.

A quick google search ("ontario bankruptcy fees") turned that story up
along with <http://www.bankruptcy-ontario.org/>; that'd be one way to
go about it I suppose*.

FWIW (perhaps this is a bit unfair? I'm not an economist) I believe
credit is evil; from personal finances to national it creates
problems, stress, and conflict.  Short-term gain for long-term loss
(interest/fees) just doesn't make sense - unless you're a creditor or
part of his/her food-chain.

* Link should not be construed as providing legal advice or as an
endorsement of any kind; simply noting the easy-to-recall URL.

--
  Scott Elcomb
  @psema4 on Twitter / Identi.ca / Github & more

  Atomic OS: Self Contained Microsystems