How do I *PERMANENTLY* remove extra toolbars in gnumeric?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 22 04:51:36 UTC 2013

  The most recent update of gnumeric has done something to the layout,
and now I get a couple of additional toolbars at the top of the page.
One is font and formatting toolbar, and the other one is an "object"
programming toolbar with checkbox/dropdown/radio-button/etc icons.  I
can click on them and hide them, or go to menu...
  View ==> Toolbars
and turn them off.  Even if I save the file, the idiot toolbars come
back the next time I turn open the spreadsheet.  How do I turn them off
permanently?

  This most recent update of gnumeric also seems to require ghostscript
???