Cutting the Cord

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 21 05:25:40 UTC 2013

| From: Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org>

|    - Antenna: I wonder if I can mount something on the side balcony without
|    needing to ground it

Lightning is kind of serious.

My impression is that TekSavvy isn't the same as old TekSavvy.  Their
techs aren't what the used to be.  But their offerings are definitely
interesting.

Since they offer both VDSL2 and Cable, maybe they could help you
choose.

If you choose cable, I've heard that there is a funny cooling off
period between Rogers shutting down your old service and TekSavvy
being able to start your new service.  If that bothers you, that might
be an argument for ADSL.  I personally like an overlap in service.