How can I find exact version of GPU driver running on my Kubuntu Linux

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 18 15:20:48 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:43:13AM -0400, bob295 wrote:
> Thanks.   Best I can tell from the Intel Tech Center site at:
>
> https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads/2013/2013q1-intel-graphics-stack-release
>
> the GPU fix I'm after is in a section called kernel (kernel module?)  Any idea
> how I would see if that version is running?
>
> Thanks again in advance for your help.

Well they list xf86-video-intel 2.21.3, so I would look in the Xorg.0.log
for that to see if it loaded it.

On Debian unstable, the current version of the intel driver is:

ii  xserver-xorg-video-intel                                    2:2.19.0-6                        amd64        X.Org X server -- Intel i8xx, i9xx display driver

So 2.19.0 isn't that far from 2.21.3, so that does seem like a plausible
version.  Of course I also have xserver verwion 1.12.4, while intel has
1.13.2.902 on their page, so the driver there might now even be compatible
with 1.12, or whatever your system happens to have, unless you replaced
everything (which would probably break a ton of other things).

--
Len Sorensen